|Alexandra Stefanik Debler
Student at Rhode Island School of Design
Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), Providence, RI — BFA (Intended Major: Apparel)
Expected Graduation May 2023
Garden City High School, Garden City, NY — High School Diploma
Graduated June 2019
RISD Entrepreneurship Board (RISD E’Ship), Providence, RI — Member
September 2019 – Present
- RISD E’Ship is a design-driven entrepreneurship organization. As a network of student-leaders, faculty mentors, and passionate alumni, E’Ship supports and guides students pursuing business ventures within art and design.
- Position: Helps coordinate events wherein practicing professional artists are contacted by the board and speak on their life and experiences in their industry during pubic shows.
- Writes newsletters, films and photographs events, and manages instagram/website with fellow members.
The New York State Senate, LI (District 6), NY — Intern
May 2019 – August 2019
- State Senator Kevin Thomas.
- Orchestrated events with the Senator and team, including food drives, town halls, community events, and LGBT+ events.
- Researched potential bills to address and resolve the public’s needs and concerns in the upcoming legislative session. Issues included the Long Island/Bethpage plume, installation of 5G towers across the island, and the Telecommunication Act of 1996.
Garden City High School Literary Circle, Garden City, NY — President
2017-2019 Academic School Year
- Organized weekly meetings to share poetry, short stories, and discuss recent literature.
- Seasonal poetry nights in which members of the High School shared literature, interests, works of arts, and musical pieces.
- Responsibilities included designing and managing poetry nights, the schedule, and working as the event announcer.
Brown University Chamber Orchestra— Providence, RI
September 2019 – Present
- Second violin.
- Preforms triennial concerts at Brown University’s Alumnae Hall.
- Previous pieces performed include Sea Sketches: I-V by Grace Williams and Sibelius: Symphony No. 6 by Jean Sibelius.
RISD P.O.S.E.— Providence, RI
- Rhode Island School of Design’s Pre Orientation Service Experience.
- Engaged in an intensive series of community activities across Rhode Island.
- Harvested 100+ pounds of potatoes at Southside Community Land Trust.
- Harvested Japanese Knotweed at Blackstone River Valley National Historical Park to both deweed the forest and collect building materials for a nearby fence for a children’s play area.
- Painted window murals, children’s ice skating aids, and bean bag toss boards for the Alex & Ani Center to prepare for the winter season, during which the center is an ice rink.
- Repainted the railing around the Woonasquatucket River and it’s bridges.
Tutoring: Tutor Special Needs Students — Long Island, NY
2017 – 2019
Girl Scout Gold Award– May 2019
- Created a 100+ page graphic novel to address homophobia and racism by raising awareness of the lack of representation of LGBT+ in media.
- Hosted a booth at Wintercon NYC to debut and promote the book.
- Was a guest speaker on “It Came From the Radio”, a podcast and radio show, to discuss the novel’s creation and core ideas.
- Presented at Pride for Youth (PFY), an LGBT+ awareness and support group, to discuss the book with young members of the community.
Long Island Artist Award of Merit in Visual Arts- September 2018
- Judges assess a portfolio, letters of recommendation, and the candidate’s transcript in selecting recipients.
- Native to English language.
- Proficient in Italian language.
- Taekwondo first degree Black Belt.